1. VEHICLE RESERVATION
1.1. How do I book my vehicle?
There are three ways to book a vehicle:
- through the “Virtuo application” already downloaded on my iOS or Android smartphone;
- on the www.govirtuo.com website;
- through a Virtuo partner website.
I agree to provide Virtuo with all the information and documentation Virtuo requests to make the booking.
If applicable, Virtuo will carry out and retain a digital copy of the DVLA Licence Check and I agree that it is reserved to Virtuo the right to request additional information, such as a copy of passport or proof of address at any time.
I acknowledge that, if applicable, I must provide Virtuo with a valid DVLA licence check code which can be obtained from the DVLA website (https://www.gov.uk/view-driving-licence) and that the code remains valid for 21 days and may only be used once by entering the code into the Virtuo application.
I acknowledge I cannot rent or drive vehicles from Virtuo if I have been disqualified from driving in the previous 36 months and / or I have more than 6 points on my driving licence and / or any of the following offence codes:
• Theft or unauthorized taking UT;
• Drink or drugs DR or DG;
• Dangerous driving DD;
• Driving whilst disqualified BA;
• Driving whilst uninsured IN;
• Accident offences AC;
• Careless driving CD;
• Licence offences LC30-50;
• Miscellaneous MS50-90;
• Mutual recognition MR; or
• Special code / totting up TT.
I also acknowledge I cannot rent or drive vehicles from Virtuo if any of the following applies to me:
• I have had insurance declined and / or insurance renewal refused and / or insurance or cover cancelled by any motor insurer;
• I am engaged in any of the following occupations: professional sportsman or sportswoman; entertainment or theatrical profession; racing or gambling; foreign armed forces or foreign embassy;
• I have been involved in more than one fault incident within the last 3 years;
• I have a current criminal conviction which is not spent under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974.
By entering into the rental contract with Virtuo, I confirm I am allowed to rent and drive the vehicle in accordance with these General Terms and none of the above applies to me.
1.2. Is there a minimum period between the reservation and the rental?
If my account is validated, there is no minimum delay between the time I book the vehicle and the start of the rental.
However, if I want to use the Virtuo Delivered option or pick up my vehicle near an airport with valet service, I must book my vehicle at least four (4) hours in advance.
1.3. Who can rent and drive a Virtuo vehicle?
To rent and drive a Virtuo vehicle, I must:
- meet the age and seniority requirements of the driving licence set out in Appendix 2;
- be in possession of an iOS or Android compatible smartphone with bluetooth functionality, have previously downloaded the Virtuo application, be registered and have a valid account;
- have a payment method accepted by Virtuo as referred to in the General Terms;
- be legally capable of entering into a contract with Virtuo.
1.4. Can I add additional drivers?
As the main driver, once the reservation is confirmed, I can add up to four (4) other drivers to the same vehicle within the same reservation.
I must designate my additional drivers from the contacts in my phone. They are subject to account validation as set out in the Virtuo Platform’s general terms.
They will be authorized to drive the rented vehicle as soon as their Virtuo account is validated.
If an additional driver’s account is not validated, has been refused or is on “hold” at the beginning of the rental, they will not appear on the rental contract and will not be allowed to drive the vehicle. Only additional drivers authorized by Virtuo and listed on the rental contract will be covered by the insurance I have purchased. Therefore, in case of an accident when the vehicle is driven by an additional driver not authorized or not designated on the contract, I will remain solely responsible for all costs resulting from any damage.
I guarantee that any additional driver(s) will comply with the General Terms. If any damage, loss, or theft occurs while using the vehicle, I will be considered responsible as the main driver.
Additional drivers are allowed to drive the vehicle once the reservation has been started and the inspection has been completed. Additional drivers may not start or end a Virtuo rental. As the main driver, I must always be present during the pick-up and drop-off phases of the rental.
1.5. When can I book my vehicle?
I can book a vehicle up to ten (10) months in advance and within the limit of number of vehicles available for rental.
I cannot book two (2) or more vehicles in the same rental time slot.
1.6. Where can I rent my vehicle?
I can rent my vehicle in the UK cities specified on the www.govirtuo.com website or on the application.
If I want to rent a Virtuo vehicle in another European city, I must refer to the applicable general terms of rental of the relevant country.
1.7. Can I choose my vehicle?
At the time of reservation, different ranges of vehicles will be offered to me according to the availability of the vehicles, my age and my seniority as a licensed driver as indicated in Appendix 2.
1.8. For how long can I rent a vehicle?
I can rent a vehicle for a minimum of one (1) day and a maximum of eighty-four (84) days. If I wish to rent the vehicle for more than eighty-four (84) days, I will have to make a new rental, which will involve a change of vehicle and price.
1.9. What should I do if I lose my driving license during the rental?
If my driving license has been suspended, withdrawn or cancelled, or if I have lost or had my driver’s license document stolen, I must notify Virtuo immediately in order to terminate the rental and return the vehicle as soon as possible.
I agree to pay the full rental and the cost of returning the vehicle.